The retail and leisure sector is one of the most innovative and exciting sectors to do business in. It includes everything from shopping centres, retail parks and high streets, to restaurants, cinemas, gyms and casinos.
Our retail and leisure teams provide services for retail and leisure occupiers, landlords and investors, and market retail properties on a local and global basis.
We are a one-stop-shop for retailers looking to grow their business internationally, from new market entry and location strategy to international agency. From shopping centres and retail parks, to high streets and factory outlets, our retail and leisure specialists leverage their vast industry knowledge and global perspective to meet your goals.
What Are The Challenges?
- Struggling retailers now have administration as a very real risk
- Vacant units in shopping centres, high streets and retail parks
- Many retailers are looking to rationalise their estates
- A shortage of funding for new retailers to ‘set up shop’
- Rising prices of raw materials and lower margins for retailers
- Many secondary locations are struggling to attract retailers as competition for prime pitches sends rents up to record levels
- ‘Bricks v Clicks’ and the move for entertainment retailers to move online with less physical stores
How Can We Add Value?
Our core business is the disposals and acquisitions of retail and leisure properties on behalf of landlords and tenants. As our client, you may be considering any of the following:
We advise on how best to maximise the returns of either a single asset or a portfolio through sale, acquisition, or sale and leaseback.
We assist clients with strategy, benchmarking and the creation of secondary income through property asset management.
We advise on the value and occupational implications of lease drafting, rent reviews, lease renewals and re-gearing.
Experience and Resources
Our retail teams are active in Europe, the United States and Asia work together through a global team based in London to share market knowledge.